This facility enables the dynamic testing of large sub-structures and components. It can be used to determine crash pulses, or to subject structures to pre-determined crash pulses.
The sled rig is VCA approved for ED Regulation R-80 and FIA approved for Formula One monocoque tests.
Test structures can either be mounted on the trolley or on the rigid barrier as desired.
- 25m sled track with rigid impact wall
- Max velocity 19m/s (42mph/68km/hr)
- Pneumatically controlled power
- Mass capability 500kg to 2000kg
- Instrumentation on board or externally
- High speed camera options, including tracking.
Typical applications include:
- Motorsport structures. FIA crash test regulations
- Automotive sub-assemblies
- Medical devices. BS EN 1789, SAE J2917, SAE J2956
- ISO 16840, ISO 7176 Part 19, ISO 10542
- Steering column tests Regulation 12
- Low speed bumper impacts.