Dynamic testing of large sub-structures and components
This facility enables the dynamic testing of large sub-structures and components. It can be used to determine crash pulses, or to subject structures to pre-determined crash pulses.
The Sled Rig is VCA approved for ED Regulation R-80 and FIA approved for Formula One monocoque tests.
Test structures can either be mounted on the trolley or on the rigid barrier as desired.
Typical applications include:
- Rail, Road and Racing Vehicle Structures and Components
- Aircraft Structures and Components
- Seat Structures and Anchorages
- Engineering Structures for the Nuclear and Offshore
- Full data acquisition is available together with the option of video and high-speed colour digital photography.
Mass range: 555kg – 2,000kg
Max velocity: 19m/s
Maximum energy: 125kJ