Our high energy capacity and relatively high velocity drop tower rig provides the capability to test for dynamic responses of sections and joints for both metallic and composite materials. It is ideal for companies who provide materials for roadside furniture.
The rig is suitable for the roadside EN 1317 barrier development and certification, a compliance approach adopted by both the EU and the US Federal Highways Agency. The test data combined with computer modelling can then be used for validation of roadside accident reconstruction.
- Velocity range of 0-8m/s (17mph, 28km/hr)
- Mass range 50kg – 350kg
- Maximum width of specimens in lateral direction 1m
- Velocity measurement taken on impact
- Easy release mechanism for impactor
- High speed camera options, including tracking
- Back-up energy system designed for high-risk testing.
- Bus components
- Crush testing of automotive parts
- Barrier impacts.