Accommodating a variety of structures, the flying impactor compliments CIC’s dynamic rigs. It has proven many times as a vital test rig for products in their design development stages. With variable mass configurations, the flying impactor provides a quick turnaround. It has an array of instrumentation and high-speed camera choices, which includes tracking as an optional addition. Test specimens can be mounted on sled wall.
- Crash barriers including Karting
- Road furniture
- Nuclear safety installations
- Security Infrastructure
- Non-destructive Testing
- Automotive sub-assemblies including longitudinals, steering columns and headlamps
- Product life-cycle testing.
- 25m sled track with rigid impact wall
- Max velocity 19m/s (42mph/68km/hr)
- Pneumatically controlled power
- Mass capability from 60kg – 200kg
- Instrumentation on board or externally
- High speed camera options, including tracking.