This facility enables the centre to test a variety of specimens including aluminium honeycomb, carbon fibre tubes, steering columns to FIA regulations and automotive trim components. Full analysis of results is provided on all tests conducted.
- Velocity range of 0-18m/s (40mph, 64km/hr)
- Mass range 5-108kg, (Maximum energy = 2.5kJ)
- Accelerometers or load cells can be mounted on impactor or below specimens
- High speed camera options, including tracking
- A range of different shaped impactors including flat, domed and anvil
- Clamping mechanisms suitable for smaller panel tests available.
Typical applications include:
- Head impacts to FIA test standards
- Penetration tests
- Material characterisation
- Finite element material verification
- Seat back strength
- Load Cells.
- 152mm flat face
- 152mm hemisphere
- Various penetration/indent impactors: 6, 12 & 25mm.